WA Equity Relief Fund for Nonprofits
The Washington State Department of Commerce is partnering with Philanthropy Northwest to administer $2 million of relief funding from the federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act through an open application to community-based nonprofits and tribal organizations most impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The COVID-19 pandemic has led to unprecedented impacts on nonprofit organizations including experiencing increased demand or disruption/creation of services; cancellation of contracts, programs, services or other funding losses such as canceled fundraisers, reduced donations and/or other issues affecting staff and volunteer capacity. We know these impacts are disproportionately experienced by organizations led by and serving Black, Indigenous, Asian (especially Southeast Asian), Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander, Latinx and undocumented communities. These impacts are also pronounced among economically vulnerable people living in rural, remote and tribal communities.
The WA Equity Relief Fund for Nonprofits will provide flexible, general operating support to nonprofits that are led by and serve BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Color) communities most impacted by the global pandemic. Eligible applicants must be a 501(c)3 nonprofit or a community-based organization fiscally sponsored by a 501(c)3 nonprofit.
Translations of the fund announcement are available below:
Information Session: Tuesday, October 27 at 10-11 am PDT
Information Session: Thursday, October 29 at 7-8 pm PDT
Application Closes: Friday, November 6 at 11:59 pm PST
Basic Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants must be Washington-based 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations or be fiscally sponsored by a 501(c)3.
- Applicants must be currently providing or plan to provide services through December 2020.
- Applicants must have experienced a negative fiscal impact as a result of COVID-19.
Will the application be translated into other languages?
If you need technical or translation assistance for this application, please email Community Outreach at the Washington State Department of Commerce. Please provide your name, phone number, the county you live in, and what language you need assistance in, and we will help connect you to someone who can help you. Currently available translations can be viewed above near the Apply Online button.
- Once you begin the online application, you will not be able to save your work as you go. You must complete the application in one sitting. We recommend you first fully review and respond to the questions using one of the templates provided below and then copy your responses to the online application form for submission.
- Early applications are highly encouraged.