About this event
Foundations on the Hill (FOTH) is a virtual convening in Washington, DC, that brings together hundreds of foundation leaders from across the country to speak with our elected officials about issues of critical importance to philanthropy and our communities. Each year, Philanthropy Northwest leads a delegation from our region and we hope you will join us!
FOTH is convened by United Philanthropy Forum. By attending FOTH, your organization can:
- Educate Congress about philanthropy and build visibility for the sector on Capitol Hill
- Advocate on vital issues that impact the work we do and communities we serve
- Strengthen foundations' role as resources to lawmakers on key public policy issues
- Build relationships with peers in the Philanthropy Northwest network
In addition to legislative meetings, FOTH attendees will be able to participate in other activities, such as panel discussions, guest speaker events and digital advocacy opportunities.
Register for FOTH
FOTH will happen virtually from 9 am to 2 pm PDT on March 16-18 and March 23-25, 2021. The event spans six days, and there will be some continuous programming throughout. Register here!
Who Should Attend
FOTH is intended for anyone serving as a staff or board member for any type of foundation or other philanthropic organization, including but not limited to community foundations, family foundations, private independent foundations, and corporate foundations and giving programs. No prior legislative advocacy experience is necessary; Philanthropy Northwest staff provide training and support to our delegates before and throughout the event.
What to Expect
United Philanthropy Forum convenes three webinars as primers about the FOTH event and policy topics that will be discussed. Please register for these programs if you are participating in FOTH or interested in participating!
- Thursday, January 28 (10-11 am PST): Welcome Webinar and Opening Orientation
- Thursday, February 11 (10-11 am PST): FOTH Policy Updates Webinar - FOTH Talking Points
- Thursday, February 25 (10-11 am PST): FOTH Policy Updates Webinar - Policy Issues to Support Programmatic Areas
In addition, Philanthropy Northwest will provide information and trainings specific to our delegation as the event approaches.
Please check this page for updates about FOTH 2021, including the full schedule. For questions about FOTH and joining the Philanthropy Northwest delegation, please contact Meredith Higashi.