About this event
Foundations on the Hill (FOTH) is an annual convening in Washington, D.C., that brings together hundreds of foundation leaders from across the country to speak with our elected officials about issues of critical importance to philanthropy and our communities. Each year, Philanthropy Northwest leads a delegation from our region and we hope you will join us!
FOTH is convened by United Philanthropy Forum, in partnership with Council on Foundations and Independent Sector. Back in-person for the first time since 2020, FOTH will bring together our collective voice and presence on Capitol Hill to:
- Educate Congress about philanthropy and build visibility for our organizations and network
- Advocate for a strong charitable sector and vibrant communities
- Strengthen foundations' role as resources to lawmakers on key public policy issues
- Build relationships with peers in the Philanthropy Northwest network and beyond
The event includes programming and special events for all attendees and our delegation’s own set of legislative meetings coordinated by Philanthropy Northwest.
Register for FOTH
FOTH will be in Washington, D.C. from February 27-March 1. Register here on the United Philanthropy Forum’s website, which also provides information about the agenda and venue.
Who Should Attend
FOTH is intended for anyone serving as a staff or board member for any type of foundation or other philanthropic organization, including but not limited to community foundations, family foundations, private independent foundations, and corporate foundations and giving programs. No prior legislative advocacy experience is necessary; Philanthropy Northwest staff provide training and support to our delegates before and throughout the event.
What to Expect
United Philanthropy Forum will convene webinars to help FOTH participants prepare for the event. Please register for these programs if you are participating in FOTH or interested in participating!
- Thursday, January 26 (10 - 11 am PST): Programming & Talking Points Overview Webinar
- Wednesday, February 8 (10 - 11 am PST): Meeting Protocols & Updates Webinar
- Thursday, February 23 (10 - 11 am PST): Final Prep Webinar
In addition, Philanthropy Northwest will provide ongoing information and host a training specific to our delegation as the event approaches.
Please check this page for updates about FOTH 2023. For questions about FOTH and joining the Philanthropy Northwest delegation, please contact Meredith Higashi.