About this event
Grantmakers Concerned With Immigrants and Refugees (GCIR) invites Philanthropy Northwest members to join GCIR's Monthly Immigration Policy Call for January: What to Expect in the First 100 Days.
As the new administration takes office and Congress begins its opening season, two national policy experts, Kerri Talbot and John Feehery, will provide their unique perspectives on possible federal immigration policy developments in the first 100 day and beyond. At the local level, the new adminstration's plans to increase deportations has spurred efforts to, among other things, enhance immigration legal services capacity. Funders will discuss their rationale, strategies, and approaches for addressing this critical need in the context of today's unpredictable policy environment.
Date: January 19, 2017
Time: 1:00 - 2:00 pm PT
As a result of this call, participating funders will:
- Learn the latest about the policies expected from the new presidential administration and the new Congress
- Learn about strategies for buildling local legal services capacity and hear examples of how philanthropic leaders are planning to respond
- Kerri Talbot, The Veng Group
- John Feehery, The Feehery Group
- Efrain Escobedo, California Community Foundation
- Aryah Somers Landsberger, GCIR (moderator)
Participation is limited to organizations that share GCIR's core values. Philanthropy Northwest thanks GCIR for their partnership and for offering this opportunity to our members. Please contact Aryah Somers Landsberger at GCIR with any questions.