About this event
Please join the first Pierce County Funders group meeting of 2021. This meeting will be virtual, and we look forward to seeing our partners who fund in and around Pierce County. We will be hearing from local experts on current legislative and policy highlights that are pertinent to the philanthropic community, and how this may impact local grantmaking and advocacy work. The agenda and speakers will be announced in the coming weeks.
Eligibility: Participation in this meeting is open to philanthropic organizations that are currently making grants in Pierce County. This includes corporate giving offices, private and public foundations, community foundations, government grantmakers, and CDFI institutions with a philanthropic focus. You do not need to be a Philanthropy Northwest member to participate but do need to represent an organizational philanthropic institution. It is not appropriate for non-profit organizations or individuals to attend. If you are unsure about your eligibility, please contact Danielle Crystal at email@example.com.
Background: Philanthropy Northwest supports the Pierce County Funders Group, a network of our members and other grantmakers who fund in Pierce County. It is currently co-chaired by Seth Kirby, The Greater Tacoma Community Foundation; Jessica Case, The Medina Foundation; Holly Hunt, The Bamford Foundation, and Holly Powers, The Russell Family Foundation.
The Pierce County Funders Group is a network of grantmakers who make investments in Pierce County. The group meets quarterly with a focus on learning, connection, and alignment:
- Learning – Continuously expand knowledge about the community and examine both the assets and opportunities present in Pierce County.
- Connection – Network with peers, both formally and informally, to learn more about the work taking place in and being planned for Pierce County.
- Alignment – Identify opportunities for collaboration, leveraging resources to achieve greater impact.
As a group, are values are to:
- Maintain the stability, growth and well-being of Pierce County as the focus.
- Continue learning about Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) and practice incorporating a DEI lens to the work
- Create a safe space for discussion where good intention is assumed, and confidentiality and discretion are maintained
How to Register: If this is your first time registering, you will need to create a user account by clicking on the orange "Login to Register" button then follow the prompts to create a new account.
If you have registered with us before 1) Login and click on the "Register Now" button in the box on the right. 2) The same page will reload but this time click on "Cart" at the top of your screen. 3) A Shopping Cart page will appear. Click on the orange "Checkout" button. You should receive a confirmation e-mail. If you do not receive one, you did not register successfully so please contact us for assistance.
Please contact Danielle Crystal with any questions.