About this event
Attending or interested in attending Foundations on the Hill in April? Curious about how the fast-paced, animated, and often complex political environment can trickle down to influence your work? Wondering about whether tax reform will ever happen and, when it does, how these changes will impact philanthropy?
Council on Foundations in partnership with the Forum of Regional Associations of Grantmakers is hosting a webinar called Washington Update LIVE. Come hear how current debates here in our nation’s capital affect the work you do in your community. Experts will discuss what's happening on Capitol Hill that could impact foundations, along with what is and is not on the radar screen of policymakers in Washington, D.C.
We all know that momentum is building for a major overhaul of our tax code, and it is imperative for philanthropic organizations to weigh in on the conversation. In addition, hear how smaller-scale policymaking this year could affect your work. Our panel of D.C. insiders will dive into these issues and discuss how you can engage effectively.
Speakers will include:
- David Biemesderfer, President & CEO, Forum of Regional Associations of Grantmakers
- Jayne Fitzgerald, Senior Counsel, Akin Gump
- Karen Freeman, Vice President, Operations and Government Relations, Southern California Grantmakers
- Josh Gibb, Executive Director, Galesburg Community Foundation
- Adena Hill, Manager of Public Policy & Special Projects, Southeastern Council of Foundations
- Sue Santa, Senior Vice President for Public Policy & Legal Affairs, Council on Foundations
- Hadar Susskind, Vice President of Public Policy, Council on Foundations