As the chair of the nominating and governance committee, it is my pleasure to announce that we are opening the call for nominations for the Philanthropy Northwest Board of Directors. There are currently five open seats.
As a Philanthropy Northwest member, your voice is critical in shaping the organization’s leadership. I have had the privilege of serving as a Philanthropy Northwest board member for eight years. My time on the board has been very meaningful and has allowed me to develop close relationships with other regional leaders in philanthropy, as well as share and learn from our diverse membership and network.
Philanthropy Northwest strives to maintain diversity on its board to adequately represent the communities and regions in our network. This includes, but is not limited to, race and ethnicity, gender identity and sexual orientation, type of foundation, role within the organization, geography and urban/rural diversity.
We are prioritizing applicants who are:
- Black, Indigenous or People of Color, with an emphasis on Black and African American individuals
- Funders located in and serving Idaho, Oregon and regions in Washington located outside of Seattle (i.e. Central/Eastern Washington)
We seek strategic philanthropic leaders who are committed to building strong, equitable and inclusive communities. Candidates may be a community member, trustee, director or employee of a member organization.
- Bringing a strategic perspective to the sector and our evolving organization.
- Promoting and serving as an ambassador of Philanthropy Northwest and the broader community, which includes attending Philanthropy Northwest’s conferences and programs.
- Upholding the legal responsibilities of a nonprofit board of directors.
- Attending at least 75% of board and committee meetings in person (preferably), or by Zoom.
- Serving on at least one board committee.
- Maintaining active membership in Philanthropy Northwest.
- Making a personal contribution at a level that is meaningful to you.
To nominate yourself or a qualified candidate, please answer these questions in the application linked here by May 10, 2021.
- Why do you want to be on the Philanthropy Northwest board?
- How might the board benefit from your experience?
- Please share what diversity, equity and inclusion in philanthropy means to you.
All nominations will be considered. If a candidate is not selected for this round, we will keep the nominee in the pipeline to be considered at a future date.
A slate of board members will be presented and voted on at our annual membership meeting during our 2021 Virtual Conference in October.
Thank you for your ongoing contributions to our vibrant network!