On behalf of the Board of Directors of Philanthropy Northwest and chair of the CEO search taskforce, I am thrilled to announce the launch of our search for our next Chief Executive Officer. We are partnering with NPAG and the search will be led by Carolyn Ho and Catherine Seneviratne.
The search for our new leader comes at an exciting time for our organization and our sector. The new CEO will play an important role in thinking more expansively and redefining Philanthropy Northwest’s role as a philanthropy-serving organization and how we use our influence and privilege to advocate for systems change and challenge our sector to build a new vision of philanthropy. The CEO will work alongside the board, a large network of members, a talented staff, strong programs and a national consulting practice, The Giving Practice.
Some things that really shape this opportunity are:
- An organizational vision that commits the power of philanthropic networks to evolve practice and examine power to transform philanthropy’s role in support of community.
- A strong organizational commitment to centering racial equity and opportunity to lead transformational change in Philanthropy Northwest’s journey to become an antiracist organization.
- A broad and diverse geography which provides a new CEO the unique opportunity to shape the future of philanthropy across a multi-state region.
- Ability to reimagine Philanthropy Northwest’s business model and structures to reflect its core organizing values and leverage its unique position of having an embedded consulting practice as part of its programmatic offerings and tools.
- As a diverse regional network, the position can be based in any of our six-states.
As the search for a new leader commences, we remain committed to our membership and partners. Anjana Pandey will continue serving as our Interim CEO during the search process. Don’t hesitate to reach out to me or our staff with any questions.
I hope that you will take a moment to share this position with your networks and on social media channels. For more information on the position description or to apply, please visit NPAG’s website.