The Washington Census Equity Fund, managed by Philanthropy Northwest, is a statewide pooled fund of philanthropy partners to support 2020 Census outreach, education and resources to ensure a robust and accurate count. Key goals of the fund include:
- Increase communication and coordination of work around the 2020 Census in Washington
- Achieve effective, efficient, strategic and increased philanthropic investments
- Support education, community outreach, regional communications, policy advocacy and other “Get Out the Count” activities
- Prioritize funding for outreach in hard-to-count communities
For more information on the Washington Census Equity Fund, please see the background information in Making Washington Count in 2020.
Join the Washington Census Equity Fund
The Washington Census Equity Fund will maximize the impact and effectiveness of strategically invested philanthropic resources to ensure a robust and accurate count across the state. If you would like to invest or align your funding to the Washington Census Equity Fund in order to maximize your impact, please contact Ankita Patel for more information.
Support the Washington Census Equity Fund
A robust census is the first step in making sure that our communities have good jobs, roads, schools, healthcare and other social services - now and in the future. Everyone, individuals and organizations, can make a difference in local communities by contributing to the Washington Census Equity Fund.
Request for Proposals - Due May 15, 2019
Organizations, tribes and tribal organizations across Washington state are invited to apply for funding to support census planning and mobilization, or education and outreach in hard to count communities. We are prioritizing applications from:
- Community-based and grassroots nonprofits, tribes and tribal organizations;
- Led, staffed or guided by individuals, reflecting the race, ethnicity and culture of the communities being served;
- Showcase a history or demonstrated an ability to reach and engage members from their communities; and
- Have a plan for engaging historically undercounted communities.
Information Sessions: “Census Friday” calls are scheduled on April 19 and 26, and May 3 at 10 a.m. PDT. In-person info sessions will be available in King County.
Calls will be in audio format only. A summary of the frequently asked questions (FAQs) will be posted here within three business days of each call. Check back here to find the updated FAQs.
Conference line: (267) 930-4000
Participant code: 329-709-300
Applications are due on May 15, 2019, at 5 p.m. PDT.
Read the complete funding opportunity announcement to preview the application questions.
In order to support coordination between funders and equitably resource efforts across Washington state, the Washington Census Equity Fund and the Regional Census Fund are working together with a shared request for proposal and application portal on the Seattle Foundation website. The Washington Census Equity Fund will focus on efforts across Washington and the Regional Census Fund will focus on work in King County.
For more information on the Washington Census Equity Fund, email Ankita Patel, public policy and advocacy manager at Philanthropy Northwest. You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter with the hashtags:
- #2020Census - for general 2020 Census information
- #WAcensusequity - for information specifically about the Washington Census Equity Fund, managed by Philanthropy Northwest