Mark your calendars for the upcoming 2020 Northwest Children’s Foundation Forum: Community Trauma and Child Well-Being: A Deeper Dive into the Future of Healing.
Northwest Children's Foundation is pleased to welcome back Dr. Shawn Ginwright, professor of education and Africana studies at San Francisco State University, as their keynote speaker, and Seattle pediatrician Dr. Ben Danielson as their panel moderator. Together, they will guide attendees through thought-provoking discussions, challenge thinking and share their expert perspectives.
Historical and intergenerational trauma is real and far-reaching. The cumulative emotional wounding from generation to generation can contribute to many negative health outcomes for individuals including PTSD, depression and Type 2 diabetes – as well as impacting the community as a whole.
This year’s Forum will focus on the “how” of the work with children, youth and families. How can we best understand and begin to address community trauma? What practical tools are available for those of us who work with children, youth and families to start the healing process?
- Delve into topics of racism, inequality and poverty and explore more collective approaches to healing.
- Hear from a panel of community leaders who focus on healing in their approach to working with individuals, communities and systems.
- Walk away with concrete strategies that support children and youth (and the adults working with them) in a holistic, strength-based way.
Tickets sell out quickly, so be sure to reserve your spot soon! There are two opportunities to participate:
- $40 In-Person at the Convention Center (includes lunch)
- $20 Virtual Webstream (live stream & on-demand recording access available)
Please contact the Northwest Children's Foundation office at 206-682-8447 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
The Forum's sponsors include Alaska Children's Trust (Leader); Haggard Childcare Resources and Mat-Su Health Foundation (Patrons); Flourish Agenda and Heritage Bank (Partners).