Corporate support to the Northwest benefits from major national funders with strong local ties. Corporate philanthropy accounted for 8% of giving to our region, totaling $152.1 million in 2014. Consistent with previous Trends in Northwest Giving, the largest contributions to our region came from Boeing and Microsoft, both Fortune 100 companies employing more than 120,000 people in Washington.
Between 2012 and 2014, grants from corporate funders to the Northwest increased by 1%, or $1.3 million.
Top 10 Corporate Funders to the Northwest, 2014*
- Microsoft Corporation (WA)
- The Boeing Company** (IL)
- The Wal-Mart Foundation (AR)
- The JPMorgan Chase Foundation (NY)
- PACCAR Foundation (WA)
- The Bank of America Charitable Foundation (NC)
- The Liberty Mutual Foundation (MA)
- Spirit Mountain Community Fund (OR)
- Intel Foundation (OR)
- PGE Foundation (OR)
*Based on grants data reported to Foundation Center by January 2017
**Includes the Employees Community Fund of Boeing Puget Sound