Grantmaking to Wyoming rose 30% between 2012 and 2014. The environment (22%), education (21%), and health (12%) were top priorities for funders to Wyoming and combined, constituted over half of all giving to the state.
Compared to overall giving to the Northwest, Wyoming grantees benefited from a notably larger share of funding for arts and culture (11% to Wyoming vs. 4% to the Northwest) and for philanthropy and nonprofit management (10% vs. 2%). More than 80% of the philanthropy and nonprofit management grants to Wyoming, totaling $44.5 million, were to the Community Foundation of Jackson Hole for general support. In turn, the community foundation’s 2014 grants included $254,818 to the Grand Teton National Park Foundation in support of its wildlife research and protection efforts, youth engagement programs and trail restoration projects.
Top 10 Grantmakers to Wyoming*
- Community Foundation of Jackson Hole (WY)
- The McMurry Foundation (WY)
- The LOR Foundation (WY)
- ZZYZX Foundation (CA)
- Walton Family Foundation (AR)
- The John P. Ellbogen Foundation (WY)
- Joe & Arlene Watt Foundation Inc. (WY)
- The Robert S. & Grayce B. Kerr Foundation (WY)
- The Kemmerer Family Foundation (NJ)
- Silicon Valley Community Foundation (CA)
*Based on grants data reported to Foundation Center by January 2017